Thursday, May 6, 2010

WWWWH

So who am I? What is this? Why does this exist? When did this begin and when will it end? How will this work?

That's a lot of questions to start things off on this blog. But that's part of the goal here at Teal Theory, to pose questions and hopefully answer them or at least give you something to mull over.

So let's start at the beginning. I am The Robber Baron. A college student in Southern California who has been a life long Sharks fan. I know it may seem strange for someone who has lived their entire life in Orange County to love the Sharks but you can chalk it up to me seeing the Sharks logo at the impressionable age of 9 while in San Francisco. While I have always had an affinity for the Sharks I didn't seriously follow the Sharks though until the 2003-2004 playoffs. Living in a house with 0 sports fans and no cable TV or internet I didn't have much of an opportunity to follow the Sharks until that season when I got my first newspaper subscription and could follow the Sharks reading the LA times. It wasn't much but it was enough to start me down the road to true fandom. After the Sharks made the conference finals I forever remember watching my first hockey game on ESPN and falling in love.

What you are looking at is a blog about the Sharks, hockey and everything else. While this is starting out as a project for a class I hope that maybe this turns into something I decide to carry on after fulfilling my class requirements.

The reason I chose to blog about the Sharks is that I already spend vasts amount of time following hockey and reading blogs and I figured I might as well put my thoughts and musings out there for the general public to observe.

This may seem like a strange time to start a hockey blog during the middle of the playoffs and when the Sharks are on the brink of eliminating Detroit, but for those who took the time to read just 2 paragraphs up, I'm doing this for a class. And if I don't start this now, then when? After the Sharks win the cup? That's a little too bandwagon for me, although this already looks pretty bad as is.

I'm hope that this blog will serve as another voice for the Sharks community which has grown so much over the years and that it will give a different perspective on the sport we all love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers